CATEGORY Graphic Design
Mac Size 158 MB
Windows Size 73 MB
iPhone size 61.9 MB
iPad Size 61.8 MB
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSMac: OSX 10.6+
Windows: XP or later 32/64-bit
iPhone: iOS 5.1+
iPad: iOS 5.1+
Grungetastic | Photography
Mac 2.53 Updated: 8/22/13
Windows 2.53 Updated: 8/14/13
iPhone 2.05 Updated: 10/5/13
iPad 2.05 Updated: 10/5/13
News & Features
This grungy photo app is absolutely the best and most fun I have come across. I have spent hundreds of dollars on professional photo editing software for my Canon SLR camera, but have never come across a iTouch or iPhone app that can put them all to shame with it's ease of use and results. A+++, 2thumbs up, and 5 stars! If you like hundreds of combinations to create artistic mojo to your photos, this is the app for you!
The samples do not do this app justice. Within 5 seconds of loading my image I had a very artistic photo. Allows great customization and has a ton of grungies to stylize your image.
Fantastic! Plenty of Grunge styles to choose from and the print is awesome!
This is one of my top favorite photo software apps. The results you can get are stunning and addictive. There is a wonderful organic quality that brings something new to a photo every time. It is transformative and transcendental and best of all: simple. There are plenty of choices for effect and plenty of ways to alter them. There are several more sets of effects available as in app purchases @ $.99 per and its money well spent. (more!!!) You'll have a hard time putting your iPod or iPad down once you dip into this. JixiPix software has been a real eye popper for me. I've bought most of their apps and they all look fantastic. All I can say to them is More! More!! More!!!
I am a serious amteur photographer with more that a few gold medals in my collection. My equipment equals among the best. But then I discovered this product and all of a sudden my creative mind was blown. There is no way I can do what this application does in the time and with the ease! No way, and so I became an addict of this tool. Last point, 10 out of 10 from me for the best download I made to date. I plan to get each and every variation of it. Well done, developers!
What a blast. Short learning curve with fun at every mistake which leads to more big fun ... Highly reccomended to any creative person with a smirk on their face ready to get lost in the unexpected. Dearly grateful to the nuts developing this!
This is an absolutely amazing and addictive app. the results are beautiful and the ability to randomly vary is endless. You can take your own or use an existing photo and once you begin to apply the effects you'll have trouble stopping. The user interface is excellent as well and is simple and intuitive. The look of the effect is very organic and real. One of the best imaging software out there.
If Andy Warhol, Kurt Cobain, Hunter S. Thompson and Quentin Tarantino created a photo app…chances are it would rock sick photos like Grungetastic.
Grungetastic cranks your photos to 11 with seven hot and heavy looks: Classic Grunge, Bleached Grunge, Worn Pop, Worn Grunge, Gritty Grunge, Distressed and Pop Grunge. These seven fun and aggressive Grungetastic styles let you get down and dirty with your photos, just like they like it. Faster than you can say "filthy," these styles and Grungetastic's easy, hands-on interface will have you smushing delightfully unwell textures and tones, deeply satisfying contrasts, and explosively pleasurable pops.
Grungetastic styles are creative madness or clearer visions of reality, whatever it is, they go to an artistic place few ever get. You can't get a cooler, hotter photo anywhere.
Shadows, Rubbing, Scratching, Ripping, Shredding, Stressing, Distressing, Popping, Exploding, Splatters, Smudging, Glowing, Glaring, Smoking – just some of the wildness that Grungetastic will hook you up with.
And, as with Foxy Brown, Grindcore, and a raw groove in dropped D - too much is never enough. Yes. If your eyes and/or needs are a bit more developed and your heart is big enough to take it – you'll be aching for Grungetastic's four dangerously-addictive, ultra-Grunge styles: Worn Pop Grunge, Worn Grunge, Gritty Grunge, and Distressed.
- Like a pure-grade pharmaceutical mini-bar in your app, the ultra-Grunge styles are available for in-app purchase within the Grungetastic iphone and ipad apps.
Never mind boring – take your photos on the road - and give 'em what they want.
- Control everything from colors, to multiple overlays, to borders
- New "Randomize" button will quickly show you the power of the app
- All aspect of the process can be adjusted on-the-fly
- Quick, efficient, and very user friendly
- Supports full-size images
- Preview mode for quick workflow with large image rendered at save/email
- Visual presets with the ability to create custom presets using the "Save" menu
- Supports Hi-Res Images
- Preview Mode for Quick Workflow
- Visual Presets
- Mac and Windows include 7 different styles: Grunge, Bleached, Pop Grunge, Pop Worn, Worn, Gritty and Distressed Grunge. iPhone and iPad only include three styles with the ability to purchase Pop Worn, Worn, Gritty and Distressed Grunge as in-app purchases.
- Get a little dirty by adding two fully customizeable layers of grungy tone, texture and scratch patterns to give your photo attitude and style.
- This extreme and monotoned effect combines the cool look of a contrasty, desaturated image with grungy grit and texture.
- Become a grungy pop icon! This effect turns your photograph into a comic-style artwork then adds lots of grungy texture for a display of dramatic creativity.
Worn Pop Grunge*
- This grungy effect starts by converting a photo to pop art then wears away the surface to reveal distressed and aged paper beneath.
- Give your photo an appearance of wear from years of dust and dirt scuffing away the surface to reveal aged paper beneath.
- This grungy effect uses various ingenious techniques to create an over exposed quality contrasted with gritty distressed texture.
- This extreme grungy effect distresses with stains and scratches then fades the photos leaving behind traces of time-worn color rippling through the darker areas in the image.